How to Make The Best Out of Fire Damage Remediation in Your Lindenhurst Residence
Our Warehouse's Layout Makes Recovering from Fire Damage Easier for Families in Lindenhurst
Part of the problem that families in Lindenhurst experience after a fire involves the contents of their home, and in particular, their most valuable possessions. Objects passed down from earlier generations or other significant people, awards, and mementos are only a fraction of the irreplaceable belongings found in most homes. Restoring as many of these as possible for our customers requires more than equipment and skills – we also need dedicated space to make this possible.
Helping families in Lindenhurst recover from fire damage in a timely manner is possible because of the way we set up our warehouse. The different areas help our skilled technicians use the necessary equipment to work quickly. Containing several different well-defined areas, we can efficiently process the contents of your home. Keeping each stage of the restoration process separate from the other steps helps us eliminate cross-contamination from dust, soot, and other soiling. It also cuts down unproductive repetitiveness that lengthens the time before we could return those belongings to the customer.
A variety of distinct chambers and spaces all help SERVPRO technicians keep track of your items, as well the stage of each item. When you need to know a particular item's location, we can look that up and tell you. The warehouse's layout also helps us manage damaged items that you and your insurance adjuster need to discuss before we continue the cleaning and restoration process. Some adjusters opt to replace to gain the full benefits of new items over others that may have needed replacing in a short time, regardless of the fire's occurrence.
- A cleaning and deodorization section where our specialists use different methods to remove soot and other soiling typical to fire-damaged contents. We also check for breakage that might have gone undetected previously,
- an ozone chamber for items that still require some work before we consider them suitable to return to our customer, this area remains enclosed to trap the ozone inside so other areas of the warehouse stay fully functional,
- a drying chamber for any wet items that, when first arriving, show no signs of soot, but hold moisture from the firefighters' visit. Items that we clean with wet methods also end up here, to finish the restoration process,
- a soiled storage area is the first stop for most items, where we check inventory sheets and ensure that no hazards like liquids leaking or broken, sharp edges exist, and
- a cleaned storage space, placed away from the soiled storage area, contains items ready to go back to the customer's home.
Not all contents follow the same path through our warehouse, but SERVPRO of Amityville / Lindenhurst knows how to restore your belongings, helping make everything “Like it never even happened,” fast. Call us for fire damage restoration at (631) 319-1680 when your Copiague, Farmingdale, or Wyandanch property needs disaster recovery.
Click here to see more about Lindenhurst.